Prime Minister Narendra Modi, who is in Gujarat for a two-day visit, is addressing a rally in Rajkot.
Here are the live updates of PM Narendra Modi in Rajkot:
- The last PM to visit Rajkot was Morarji Desai, nearly 40 years ago.
- Rajkot has a very special place in my life. If Rajkot had not elected me and sent me to Gandhinagar, I may never have come to Delhi.
- My political career started in Rajkot. And I will never forget the love Rajkot has showered upon me.
- I once again bow my head down before the people of Rajkot.
- When NDA MPs chose me as their leader, when I was chosen PM-candidate.
- The government of India is a government that is fully dedicated to the poor of the nation.
- I have seen many families and mothers who were blessed with a divyang child… the parents shower that child with so much love.
- It is our responsibility, as a nation, to take care of divyangs.
- I remember watching so many people who have contributed so much to help divyangs in Rajkot, in Gujarat.
- Once I formed a government, I decided to pass a divyang child with 25 marks in an examination instead of the usual 33.
- By choosing the word ‘divyang‘, I did not complete my job.
- You can see that someone is communicating with divyang people here using sign language.. They are telling them what I’m saying.
- I also noticed that interpretation for such people in Tamil Nadu was different, in Gujarat was different.
- We decided to introduce a uniform sign language for divyangs to ensure they can communicate easily in any part of India.